What should I do if my mentee is struggling?
If your student is struggling with progress, motivation or other issues, we encourage your student to reach out to their Student Advisor (SA) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our goal is to ensure every student feels supported and welcomed so SA’s do their best to respond to emails within 24 hours. They are also available to schedule advising calls with mentees.
- You can write details about your student's struggles in the post-call feedback form, or
- You can email email@example.com to share your concerns about your student.
We will then share this information with the student's advisor who will work with the student to keep them on track and share any updates with you.
You can also take advantage of these mentor resources to help support a struggling student during mentor calls:
- Take a look at this helpful call script for to guide you through calls with a struggling student
- Review the Goal Setting and Accountability section of our free Master Mentoring course.
- Reach out to your mentor Slack channel for advice and suggestions. The slack community is a great place to learn from and connect with other mentors about best practices.