Capstone Evaluation in Mentor Dashboard
What is it?
- For every course (except Software Engineering Career Track), students submit a capstone project (usually 1, but some courses may have 2+). Currently, all mentors email Springboard’s Mentor Operations team with a “Pass” or “Fail” evaluation, which determines if a student is qualified to complete.
- With this new feature, you’ll be able to easily evaluate a student’s capstone project directly in your Mentor Dashboard! You do not need to email the evaluation to us anymore.
Why is it important?
- Students appreciate project evaluation on their capstone projects since they’re using these projects to present their skills to potential employers. In order to learn from you and improve their skills, we are requesting your help in writing a full evaluation for each student’s capstone project.
- When students complete, they are eager to receive their Certificate of Completion. After you submit your evaluation, we’ll be able to speed up the time it takes to help a student complete the course.
How does my workflow change for project evaluations?
For capstone project(s)
- Go to your Mentor Dashboard→ Projects tab→ click on “Submit Feedback”
- Then, you’ll fill out a full, written evaluation, which will be sent directly to your mentee What you write will be shared with your student word-for-word, so please ensure that feedback is constructive and professional.
For mini-projects, your workflow will be the same. You’ll continue marking projects as “Passed” or “Needs more work” in the Mentor Dashboard.
Pointers: Check your dashboard or email regularly to see if there is a project submission. Make sure to give your final feedback during the last call before you submit the capstone evaluation.
Note: This process does not apply to our Software Engineering Career Track
How to submit an evaluation for a capstone project (which will be sent directly to your student and the Springboard team):
How to re-evaluate a capstone project (if a student did not pass the 1st time):
How to view your evaluation: